Let’s Read Dumplings for Lili, all together now!
Our Summer Reading theme for 2023 is All Together Now, where we celebrate all of the different ways we can help each other by working together. In our featured StoryWalk®, Lili and Nai Nai are making Baos, but they need cabbage! Lili goes to Babcia for cabbage and finds out she needs potatoes to make her pierogis! With everyone in the building missing a key ingredient, can Lili and the grandmas work together so they all get their favorite dumplings?
Our Downtown Storywalk® will be on display from July 1st to July 31st.
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.
Participating businesses are listed below. Walk to each business in numerical order and read the story as you go.
Thank you to the Madison Area Chamber of Commerce, the Madison Downtown Development Commission, and all of the following businesses for displaying our storyboards!
- Affinity Federal Credit Union
- Kumon Madison
- Madison Pharmacy
- Harvest Bistro
- PC Problems
- The Pink Pear
- Madison PhotoPlus
- Formaggio’s Pizzeria
- The Snooki Shop
- The Nature of Reading
- Madison Mud
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts Annex
- Madison Wine Cellar
- The Max Challenge
- Coldwell Banker
- Healthy Italia
- Cramers Carpet One Floor & Home
- & 20. Madison Bagel Cafe
1. Start at Affinity Federal Credit Union and head toward Central Ave (don’t forget to stop at Kumon for 2!).
2. Turn left onto Central to go to Madison Pharmacy for 3, then walk down Main Street toward Green Village Road (you’ll pass 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 along the way!).
3. Once you hit board 12, turn around and head to the Museum of Early Trades and Crafts Annex on the other side of Main St for 13.
4. Walk down Main Street toward Waverly Place and pass 14, 15, 16, and 17.
5. Keep walking down Main St to Cramers Carpet One Floor & Home (18), then head back toward Waverly Pl and turn left to find 19 and 20 at Madison Bagel Cafe!
Congratulations, you did it!