Current Hours of Operation
|Monday||10:00 AM — 9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM — 9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM — 9:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||1:00 PM — 5:00 PM|
|Monday||10:00 AM — 1:30 PM|
|Sunday||1:00 PM — 4:30 PM|
Visiting the Library
An appointment is no longer required to browse for materials. However, in order to maintain safe social distancing standards, we are allowing 15 people in the children’s room and 35 people in the adult and teen areas at one time. We ask that you please keep your visits as short as possible to ensure everyone has a chance to browse for what they need.
Appointments are still required for computer use. To make an appointment, please see the instructions below.
If you choose to visit us in person, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines, for the safety of all:
- face masks must be worn at all times in compliance with Executive Order 192
- social distancing should be maintained: at least six feet apart
- hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and must be used upon entering
- lingering is discouraged, please keep your visit as short as reasonably possible
Please stay home if you:
- Feel unwell
- Have a fever
- Have been or think you have been in contact with someone who is sick
- Computer use is currently exclusively in the Adult Room, for Madison residents only and by appointment only, for a maximum of 45 minutes. Appointments will be at the top of every hour (eg: 10:00-10:45 AM). Please ensure your reservation has been confirmed by library staff before arriving at the library.
- We will only have 3 computers in use at the same time to ensure social distancing is maintained. There will be two standard computers available and the scanner computer as well. You will be limited to one computer session each day and can make one reservation at a time. Appointments will not be extended past 45 minutes of the hour. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- To use a computer call us at 973-377-0722 ex 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Holds Pick Up Instructions
- Holds can be placed through our online catalog, phone, or email. Please email email@example.com for all adult requests and firstname.lastname@example.org for all children’s and teen requests.
- Requests are limited to 5 items per card per day. Normal limits on certain items still apply; see our borrower services page for restrictions. Other items not available for pickup include some museum passes and items too large for the bookdrop.
- Staff will pick items off the shelves and place them on hold. The items will then be shelved in our lobby, spine down for privacy.
- Holds will be available for self service pickup in our lobby. Simply find your items under your last name and take them to the self checkout kiosk or circulation desk to be checked out. Anyone who would still prefer not to enter the building is welcome to use the intercom to request that their hold be brought to them outside.
- Requests received within one hour of closing will be filled the next day of operation.
- Items will be held for pickup for 7 days.
For more information and COVID-19 resources please visit Rosenet.org.