Madison Public Library Covid-19 Updates
Courtyard Browsing hours
Sunday 1-4 PM
Monday 10 AM-2 PM
Tuesday – Friday 1-4 PM
Saturday 10 AM-2 PM
Contactless Pickup Hours
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 12 – 8 PM
Thursdays and Fridays 10 AM – 6PM
Saturdays 10 AM – 2 PM
The Madison Public Library will suspend in person browsing and computer use, beginning Tuesday 12/1. This is a temporary limitation of services, in response to escalating area COVID infection rates. The safety of our patrons and staff is very important to us. We will monitor local conditions carefully, with a view to resuming in person browsing and computer use as soon as it becomes safe to do so.
Reference and reader’s advisory services are still available, as is all virtual programming.
Contactless pickup in the courtyard is still available! Please see below for instructions.
We also offer open browsing in the courtyard on Sundays and Mondays. Details and hours are below.
Our virtual library is open 24/7, all of which is available with just your library card. Don’t have a library card? Just email us at email@example.com or call us at 973-377-0722 to set up an account.
Please continue to return all items to the outside dropbox. Your returned items will be quarantined for 7 days before being checked in. No overdue fines will be charged.
Contactless Pick Up Instructions
- Holds can be placed through our online catalog, phone, or email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all adult requests and email@example.com for all children’s and teen requests. Interlibrary loan service has been resumed but expect some delays.
- Requests are limited to 15 items per card per day. Normal limits on certain items still apply; see our borrower services page for restrictions. Other items not available for pickup include some museum passes and items too large for the bookdrop.
- Staff will pick items off the shelves, check them out to you and package them for pick up. For your protection, materials will always be handled with gloves. You will be notified when your items are ready.
- Items ready for pickup will be available outside of the front doors during open hours. The hold will be labeled with the last name and first initial of the cardholder. Requests received within one hour of closing will be filled the next day of operation. Items not picked up by 15 minutes before closing time will be brought back inside for pick up the following day.
- Items will be held for pickup for 7 days.
Courtyard Browsing Hours
Sundays 1-4 PM
Mondays 10 AM – 2 PM
Drop in and browse a curated collection of library materials! No appointments required.
Holds can also be picked up at this time.
For more information and COVID-19 resources please visit Rosenet.org.