Madison Public Library Covid-19 Updates
On June 24th, Governor Murphy announced that libraries may reopen to the public with a limited capacity. This means we will be able to accommodate 10 people in the children’s room at a time, and 20 people in the adult and teen area. Services are limited to computer use and browsing for materials. For details, please see the instructions below. Contactless pickup in the courtyard remains available, and we ask that you continue to return all materials to the outside bookdrop in the parking lot. Since capacity is so limited, we ask that you be considerate of your fellow community members and limit your time inside the library as needed.
Access will be by appointment only. Appointments may be scheduled during operating hours starting Tuesday, July 7th.
Our limited hours of operation are still in effect: Tuesday and Wednesday from 12-8PM, Thursday and Friday from 10AM-6PM, and Saturdays from 10AM-2PM.
We strongly encourage people to continue to place holds in our catalog and contact us via phone or email for contactless pickup in the courtyard. However, if you choose to visit us in person, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines, for the safety of all:
-restrooms are not available for public use
–face masks must be worn at all times in compliance with Executive Order 157
-social distancing should be maintained: at least six feet apart
-hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and must be used upon entering
-study and meeting rooms are not available
-working, studying and tutoring are not permitted inside the building
-seating and coffee service are not available
-lingering is discouraged, please keep your visit as short as reasonably possible
Please stay home if you:
- Feel unwell
- Have a fever
- Have been or think you have been in contact with someone who is sick
-Our unattended children policy is still in effect. However, until further notice, children ages 7-11 must also be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Browsing will be by appointment only. Here’s how it will work:
- Contact the desk in the department you wish to visit to schedule an appointment. For adult and teen materials, you can email email@example.com. For children’s materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call to make an appointment at 973-377-0722. Appointments will be at the top of every hour (eg: 10:00-10:45 AM). Please ensure your reservation has been confirmed by library staff before arriving at the library. Reservations can be made up to a week in advance.
- On the day of your appointment, you may wait in the courtyard up to 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Please arrive promptly, because of the extreme capacity limits, appointments will not be extended. A staff member will check you in when it’s time to browse.
- Browsing will be limited to 45 minute appointments, once per day. Staff will be available to help you find items and make suggestions when materials you want are not available. When the time is up, you will be directed to check out materials at the front desk only.
- Do you need more time? Contact us again, and we can set up another appointment for you!
Do you want to use a computer? Please follow the following steps:
- Contact the Adult Reference desk to schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 973-377-0722.
- Computer use is currently exclusively in the Adult Room, for Madison residents, by appointment only, for a maximum of 45 minutes. Appointments will be at the top of every hour (eg: 10:00-10:45 AM). Please ensure your reservation has been confirmed by library staff before arriving at the library.
- We will only have 2 computers in use at the same time to ensure social distancing is maintained. There will be one standard computer available and the scanner computer as well. You will be limited to one computer session each day and can make one reservation at a time. Appointments will not be extended past 45 minutes of the hour. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
Browsing and computer use are separate appointments. Please book accordingly.
Please follow these instructions to make the process run smoothly.
Contactless Pick Up Instructions
- Holds can be placed through our online catalog, phone, or email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all adult requests and email@example.com for all children’s and teen requests. Interlibrary loan is suspended at this time and we cannot provide items from other libraries.
- Requests are limited to 15 items per card per day. Normal limits on certain items still apply; see our borrower services page for restrictions. Other items not available for pickup include museum passes and items too large for the bookdrop.
- Staff will pick items off the shelves, check them out to you and package them for pick up. For your protection, materials will always be handled with gloves. You will be notified when your items are ready.
- Items ready for pickup will be available outside of the front doors during open hours. The hold will be labeled with the first letter of your last name followed by the last four digits of the phone number on file. Requests received within one hour of closing will be filled the next day of operation. Items not picked up by 15 minutes before closing time will be brought back inside for pick up the following day.
- Items will be held for pickup for 7 days.
For more information and COVID-19 resources please visit Rosenet.org.