Madison Public Library Covid-19 Updates
Courtyard Browsing hours
Sunday 1-5 PM
Monday 10 AM-2 PM
Tuesday – Friday 1-5 PM
Saturday 10 AM-2 PM
Contactless Pickup Hours
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 12 – 8 PM
Thursdays and Fridays 10 AM – 6PM
Saturdays 10 AM – 2 PM
Our virtual library is open 24/7, all of which is available with just your library card. Don’t have a library card? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 973-377-0722 to set up an account.
Please continue to return all items to the outside dropbox. Your returned items will be quarantined for 7 days before being checked in. No overdue fines will be charged.
Appointments will resume on March 2, 2021. We are booking appointments as of February 23, 2021. In order to maintain safe social distancing standards, we are allowing 15 people in the children’s room and 35 people in the adult and teen areas at one time.
Appointments are available at the following times:
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 12 – 8PM
Thursdays and Fridays from 10AM – 6PM
Saturdays 10AM – 2PM
Please read the following before making an appointment:
- Appointments will be at the top of every hour (eg: 10:00-10:45 AM). Please ensure your reservation has been confirmed by library staff before arriving at the library. Reservations can be made up to a week in advance.
- Appointments are for computer use and browsing materials only. Study and meeting rooms are not available. Working, studying and tutoring are not permitted inside the building. Seating and coffee service are not available.
- On the day of your appointment, you may wait in the courtyard up to 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Please arrive promptly; because of the capacity limits, appointments will not be extended. A staff member will check you in when it’s time to browse.
- Browsing will be limited to 45 minute appointments, once per day. Staff will be available to help you find items and make suggestions when materials you want are not available. When the time is up, you will be directed to check out materials at the front desk only.
- Our unattended children policy is still in effect. However, until further notice, children ages 7-11 must also be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Do you need more time? Contact us again, and we can set up another appointment for you!
- Computer use is currently exclusively in the Adult Room, for Madison residents only and by appointment only, for a maximum of 45 minutes. Appointments will be at the top of every hour (eg: 10:00-10:45 AM). Please ensure your reservation has been confirmed by library staff before arriving at the library.
- We will only have 3 computers in use at the same time to ensure social distancing is maintained. There will be two standard computers available and the scanner computer as well. You will be limited to one computer session each day and can make one reservation at a time. Appointments will not be extended past 45 minutes of the hour. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
Browsing and computer use are separate appointments. Please book accordingly.
- To use a computer or browse adult or teen materials, call us at 973-377-0722 ex 4 or email email@example.com
- To browse the children’s collection, call us at 973-377-0722 ex 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose to visit us in person, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines, for the safety of all:
- restrooms are not available for public use
- face masks must be worn at all times in compliance with Executive Order 192
- social distancing should be maintained: at least six feet apart
- hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and must be used upon entering
- lingering is discouraged, please keep your visit as short as reasonably possible
Please stay home if you:
- Feel unwell
- Have a fever
- Have been or think you have been in contact with someone who is sick
Contactless Pick Up Instructions
- Holds can be placed through our online catalog, phone, or email. Please email email@example.com for all adult requests and firstname.lastname@example.org for all children’s and teen requests. Interlibrary loan service has been resumed but expect some delays.
- Requests are limited to 15 items per card per day. Normal limits on certain items still apply; see our borrower services page for restrictions. Other items not available for pickup include some museum passes and items too large for the bookdrop.
- Staff will pick items off the shelves, check them out to you and package them for pick up. For your protection, materials will always be handled with gloves. You will be notified when your items are ready.
- Items ready for pickup will be available outside of the front doors during open hours. The hold will be labeled with the last name and first initial of the cardholder. Requests received within one hour of closing will be filled the next day of operation. Items not picked up by 15 minutes before closing time will be brought back inside for pick up the following day.
- Items will be held for pickup for 7 days.
For more information and COVID-19 resources please visit Rosenet.org.