The Library Board of Trustees must formally approve the creation of any new position and the current budget must provide adequate funds to compensate the appointee. All vacancies shall be filled by the Board of Trustees upon the recommendation of the Library Director.
Whenever a vacancy or a new position is available an announcement is disseminated to Library and Borough government employees. A job description for the position will be available from the Administrative Office. After the position has been posted internally for 5 days and is unfilled, the position will be advertised in the local media, placement offices of area library schools, job hotlines and other publications as appropriate for the position.
Applicants must complete the Madison Public Library application and submit a resume.
Current Job Opportunities:
September 21, 2018
Position Available – FT Finance and Administration Manager – Madison Public Library
The Madison Public Library is now accepting applications for the position of full-time Finance and Administration Manager.
Summary: Under the direction of the Library Director, the Finance and Administration Manager performs responsible financial and administrative duties in maintaining all library accounting records, preparing financial statements and directing a variety of personnel, purchasing, budgeting and general administrative services for the efficient operation of the Library.
The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Library Director and works closely with the Director, Department Heads and Board of Trustees. S/he serves as the liaison with vendors, banks and Borough Hall Payroll, Purchasing and Personnel departments. S/he may be assigned special projects by the Library Director.
The Finance and Administration Manager also performs duties for Madison Public Library, Inc. (MPLI) a 501(c) (3) corporation which manages the Library’s endowment.
- Graduate of college, business school or a community college with courses in public administration, accounting and related subjects. Four years of progressively responsible office work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Public library experience a plus.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, especially Excel, as well as Word and Outlook.
- Demonstration of initiative, analytical aptitude and sound judgement.
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimum direction and without close supervision.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English to properly perform the duties of the position.
- Confidentiality and excellent record keeping a must.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must have and maintain a valid NJ driver’s license.
The range for the position is $46,800 – $65,520. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position, with benefits. The standard work week is 36 hours and very occasional evening or weekend hours may be requested for special projects.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Lynn Favreau, Library Director, (Lynn.Favreau@mainlib.org). No faxes, telephone calls or in-person inquiries. Beyond acknowledging receipt, the library will only contact the candidates it wishes to interview.
The deadline for submission is Tuesday, October 9, 2018. ADA/EOE